You are most probably have already heard about SEO, especially if you are a blogger or publisher.
What is SEO?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of improving your site to increase its visibility when people search for products or services using Google or any other search engines. The better visibility your pages have in search results, the more likely you are to attract visitors to your site.
The Basics of SEO
Trying to get the site optimally listed on Google or other engines should be the priority exercise at every juncture. This should be part of the growth strategy of any online endeavor that is seeking ultimate success.
Literally meant to increase the site’s ranking of the web search conducted by the interested viewer, the SEO is one of the important ways to generate and direct traffic to a particular site.
Monitor Site Ranking
Monitoring the ranking of the site should be a priority to ensure the current efforts put into the content and choice of keywords to encourage the relevant clicks is the best for the site. Using complimenting platforms such as Marketing Vox will allow the individual to keep track of the page ranking with tools like Alexa and Google tool bar. All these will keep a regular check on the ranking and provide the feed necessary to facilitate a re-thinking exercise should there be a need to implement it.
Keywords are like the magnet or the eyes that are going to get the attraction of the SEO thus creating favorable ranking possibilities. The use of the most appropriate keywords will eventually make or break the success of the site’s ranking rate and this is the most important contributing factor from the viewing visitor’s perspective. Inserting the keywords into recognizable spots like the title tag and the page header will help too.
SEO ranking also takes into account the links the site manages to create. The integration of internal links is an easy way to boost traffic to the individual site or page thus creating a recognition element that is important.
How to Determine And Monitor Your Search Standings?
Business growth is always the ultimate goal sought after in any endeavor undertaken, thus the need to then consider the elements that are needed to successfully monitor this growth in an efficient manner.
- Through the process of monitoring the search standing the individual needs to be equipped with the proper understanding of how the SEO efforts work.
- One of the recommendations would be to use the MarketingVox to help keep tabs on the search standing through the page ranking with tools like Alexa and Google tool bar.
- Making it a periodic practice to check the referral logs to track the visitor’s movements within the site and the search terms that are being popularly used to find the site is encouraged.
- Being committed to the process of determining and monitoring the search standings is also something that should be considered in a rather long term time frame.
- This is because most of the results and information gathered can only be useful and effective if done for a reasonable amount a time to ensure the accurate gauging exercise in possible. Understanding that the material gathered is not beneficial is looked upon as a onetime solution or general idea of the overall picture being presented.
- Having clearly defined goals will also better facilitate the monitoring exercise as the SEO efforts will be better managed. Using suitable web analytics software would be advised at this stage to create a clearer picture of what is working and what is not.
Monitoring the page yielding traffic is also a metric that determines how well the page at the specific site is able to drive search engine traffic to it. As a webhost it is a pivotal element to the success of the page to ensure its visibility to the search engines, to draw the new traffic to the site as often as possible.
Research Keywords And Know Where They Go
The harness SEO optimization there is nothing worse than using the wrong keywords, keywords that are ambiguous and misleading and keywords that are ineffective. The choice of keywords greatly dictates the traffic flow to the site thus creating the desired SEO ranking.
Keyword research is vital to any search engine optimization campaign and every exercise targeted at the site should take this into account. Potential viewers may not be able to find the individual’s site if the connective keywords are not used. Also using keywords that are deemed popular but have no connection to the material featured at the site will also pose problems as the visitors will eventually catch on to the ploy and perhaps take action against the site.
This kind of bad “publicity” is definitely not needed or encouraged. Targeting the wrong keywords would also put at risk the cost invested into the endeavor as it would basically mean that the money being used would not produce the desired traffic interest to the site.
This would then render the whole exercise a waste of valuable time, resources and energy. Staying competitive through the use of proper keywords that are relative to the material should be the target of the keyword choosing exercise.
Discarding misconceptions would perhaps be the first way to tackle the keyword research exercise. Most webhost make the mistake of having a preconceived idea of what the popular keywords should be that would draw the traffic to the site. This may not happen as imagined due to the fact that the host is making this assumption or choice based on what he or she perceives the visitor would key into the search. Looking at the keyword search from a wider perspective would be better and more beneficial.
Things to Avoid
Driving traffic to a site can be very difficult if the SEO is not providing the very important assistance needed to the facilitating this ideal scenario. Therefore it is important to consider the elements that prove to be disadvantageous to adopt in the quest to create optimum SEO ranking.
The following are some tips on what to consciously avoid:
- The use of wrong keywords would definitely contribute to failure to get the desired listing that can be provided by the SEO rankings. It cannot be emphasized enough the important of the right keywords needed for the ideal ration of traffic to be directed to the site. High valued keywords will generate the high level of click which in turn will contribute to the high traffic to the site.
- Forgetting to include “alt” tags for the images can have detrimental results. As the search engine is predominantly unable to detect and understand image presentations or contents for ranking purposes providing t he “alt” would then ideally overcome this problem. Imagery is a very important content matter to be included in any site thus this importance should be adequately understood by the SEO tool.
- Duplicating contents is another thing to be carefully avoided at all cost. It does not benefit in anyway and besides showing the low commitment level of the site host it also does not get and positive reactions from the SEO and it may even result in some sort of penalization.
- The use of poor anchor tags not only does not entice the viewer to venture further into the site it also does not provide the SEO with the relevant information about the material content of the links. Without this connection made there is little chance of enhancing the ranking exercise to positively reflect the site’s content.
- Overuse of the keywords is also something to be avoided as this would not only render the material boring and monotonously repetitive in content but it would also cause the search engine to penalize the site for such unproductive activities.
Update and Changes
The SEO ranking will definitely be adversely affected if the material posted is not updated or changed altogether periodically.
Additionally the fresh content will play a major role in the keeping the repeat visits more frequent as interested subscribers want access to the latest posting on the site.
Learn everything you can and stay on top of your site for success.