Using tried and true methods to optimize the chances of getting traffic to a site should always be extensively explored for its benefits obvious or otherwise. While no guarantee that you will get all the traffic you have always wanted, here are some tips that may help you to optimize search engines.
Use Internal Links
Therefore looking into the possibility of using internal links to enhance interest in a site is definitely worth the effort.
Most seasoned internet marketers know only too well the benefits of using internal links which links one page to another within their site. This facilitates efficient and quick access to information at the site without too many complicated processes.
Below are some points to consider which may assist in understanding the use of internal links:
- Internal links are considered anchor text that should ideally be created using important keywords. These keywords are what are going to identifies as the links between the homepage and the topic page thus the keywords chosen should have a high connective element or value to the site.
- If the words in the internal links correspond with those of the home page then the Google search will place a higher ranking rate which will then enhance the search result exercise for the prospects.
- Avoid using the term “click here”. Although it effectively informs the viewer of where to go for further information, it would be more enticing to use actual keywords that are connective to the material about to be viewed.
- This would definitely increase the possibility of the viewer deciding to venture further into the site, especially if the words chosen are attention grabbing.
Most homepages have the highest ranking status of the site, thus using the links from this area should be done is a wise and careful fashion in order not to overuse or underuse this positive element.
These high ranking pages should ideally be linked to other money generating pages such as subscription sign up pages, email newsletter sign up and others.
Creating A Site Map
Gaining popularity as a method of convenient navigation through a website, the site map basically facilitates the list of links to HTML files in the web platform.
There is a visual source safe that includes the creation of site map commands on the web menu to simplify the site map creation, however in order to access this tool one would need to have the write access to use the command on call.
Each time the create site map is called upon, a totally new site map file is created, thus there is a need to save the copy of the particular file to another location where it can be retrieved later.
The following are some simple steps to creating a site map:
- Using the visual source safe explorer the individual would be able to open a web project to commence the exercise.
- When the web menu is clearly visible, the next step would be to click on the create site map icon. In doing so other follow up instructions would have to be completed in order to work further on into the exercise.
- Here in the create site map for <specified name>dialog box, one would have to use the “To” box to specify the file that will contain the site map eventually. The other alternative would be to click on the browse to locate the file needed for use.
- Then the individual would proceed to select the check in to visual source safe check box and when this has been completed then the ok icon should be clicked upon.
- Upon completion of clicking on the ok box the specified file is the created and checked into the data base.
For some there may be a need to further navigate the file and customize it, which can also be done quite easily.
Creating Search Friendly URLs
Creating search friendly URLs are important to ensuring the right viewers are directed to a particular site for the information they are seeking. Facilitating this in the simplest way without too many complicated processes is important. Therefore ensuring the URLs are designed to be user friendly is important.
Friendly URLs can be the best and quickest way to improve the usability of search friendly sites. However it also entails a lot of fine tuning and corrective exercises to ensure the best results are forthcoming. Ideally the URLs should contain the relevant connective information in a concise manner while still being able to deliver the gist of what the eventual content is going to be about.
Providing useful information as part of the URL would be an advantage as it would ensure the further exploration of the particular site.
In doing so it would also mean that the individual would have to design a URL that is not only informative but also very concise and points to the material content clearly. Although there are several tools available for this exercise using the Apache which is acknowledged to be the easiest system for URLS would be the best course of action.
The advantage here would be that it comes with its own built in URL rewriting module, mod_rewriter, enabler and working mod_rewriter and is as simple as uploading correctly formatter and named text files.
Friendly URLs should ideally also work well for search engines to ensure that it is picked up by the various detection tools to be featured accordingly. Besides being easy to detect it should also be easy to remember as a whole host of people pass this information through a variety of less than audibly and visually acceptable ways.
This will allow the underlying data base to display information as and when it is needed.
Using Image Descriptions
Using images will definitely contribute positively to the traffic movement towards a particular site. Therefore it would be prudent to have some knowledge on how this works and its positive contributing factors that facilitate the ideal traffic flow.
Adding descriptions to any image uploaded would provide the platform for the SEO optimization as it will ensure the site is ranked higher in the search results because of the higher interest in the site’s content.
Otherwise known as alt tags the purpose of the image descriptions is to help the search engine understand the contents of the images and its related matter which is designed to contribute in a complimenting capacity to the write up material.
By providing the explanation platform through the alt tags the SEO is better able to adjust the ranking accordingly thus providing the encouragement to viewing the site. Therefore the more information that can be provided the better the understanding and eventual placing by the SEO would be.
Through the alt the SEO is also able to direct traffic to a site when the search for images is keyed into the search exercise. The relevant images will then be directed to the ongoing search effectively and immediately the viewer will be privy to such visuals.
A handy tip to remember is if there is a need to add an image to an email from the image library or website the individual will be the option available to include the image description at any time. Changing the image descriptions is also possible in the email drafts. It would be a less frustrating exercise to make the logos or images into clickable link to the original website.
In general there is no real need to be specific about thumbnail size as the user will select one that is most suitable for their preference.
Create and Use Fresh Content
Good and relevant content that is ever changing to adopt to the current needs of the viewing public is very important to the site staying competitive.
When the material posted is left undisturbed for long periods of time the significant drop in interest will be reflected in the loss of traffic to the site thus eventually rendering the site almost redundant.
When this happens it will probably be an uphill battle to get back to the original position of favorable SEO ranking status. Thus being careful to avoid such a possibility the individual would need to stay relevant and current with the material posted at the site.
The following are some recommendations to help avoid being stagnant in relation to the site status:
- Get into the habit of regularly performing site reviews for all the content posted at the site. Questions such as is the material relevant to the current market needs, are there any industry changes that would cause the current material to be redundant, what is needed by those visiting the site and any others that may require the reassessment of the content material currently featured.
- If it is a blogging material that is being assessed then this should be done without any reservations as blog material when left unchanged will then be categorized as boring and uneventful thus discouraging further interest in the postings.
- Making small changes is not good enough to consider the material fresh from any perspective. Therefore there is a need to revamp the entire content to ensure its freshness. Small changes will not serve to pacify the SEO standards adequately.
Use Social Media And Technology
Any tool that is going to gain the attention of the SEO to ensure optimum ranking recognitions will always be welcomed. The use of social media and technology is no exception and the need to explore these further is evident for the benefits it can bring.
Much of the web traffic generated is basically done through some form of effective social platforms which would include social media tools.
This form of social sharing for inbound marketers is often a huge though sometimes untapped source of traffic and thus should not be ignored.
The visibility of a site can be elevated through the use of both the social media and technology tools which will contribute to the site having material listing that is current and relevant to those participating in this arena.
Using the social media and technology available to attract the attention and get the site to a point where is becomes a hot topic which everyone is excited to be part of will facilitate the phenomenal traffic flow to the site.
This kind of exposure will greatly benefit the searchers where the products or services are directly linked to the site thus effectively creating the interest which could turn into real revenue earning possibilities.
It is also help to keep the competition in check if the use of such tools is optimized to cater to the viewing publics needs before anything else.
Through the exercise of utilizing the social media and technology clearly shows the individual’s interest in wanting to be able to cater to and stay connected to the prospects and existing customer base.
The is one way of building the trust element while making the effort to learn more about the customers’ needs and interest and try to provide for it accordingly.